Saturday, September 16, 2006

What is your Homepage?

A question I’ve seen been discussed on many occasions is the effect of a person’s homepage on a person’s productivity.

With services like NetVibes and Google IG, many people’s homepage contains personalised news, email and weather. This often sets you off on a tangent, making you browse the net instead of remaining objective.

Earlier this year, Lifehacker discussed using about:blank as a person’s homepage, as this is less likely to set you off on a tangent.

Personally, I use my own hosted version of Google X, as it makes you only one click away from email, news, images and browsing. I generally just search for what I’m after and check my Gmail, and I’ve done what I want!

Much better than reading the latest headlines at top blogs, just to get drawn to read the remainder of the story!

So, what do you use as your homepage? Why?

Tags: productivity, homepage, personalized homepage, personalized homepages, web2.0, web 2.0, web2, web 2, lifehack, lifehacks

No comments: